BODY-22, Headlight Operating Mechanism Lubrication
Acrobat Printable Version
The headlight operating mechanism should be lubricated every 15,000 miles.
- White Lithium Grease
- Parts Cleaning Brush
- Remove the fuse for the headlight motor fuse.
- Early 944s (Pre-1985.5), Fuse #1, Auxiliary Fuse Panel
- Late 944s (1985.5 and Newer), Fuse #2, Central Electric Panel
- Using a small parts cleaning brush, apply white lithium grease to the rotating joints of the headlight operating mechanism.
- Rotate the headlamp motor by hand using the knob on top of the motor and work grease into the rotating joints as you turn the mechanism.
- After grease has been applied rotate the headlight mechanism through several up and down cycles to ensure that the mechanism is operating smoothly.
- Rotate the headlights until they are in the full down position.
- Install the headlight motor fuse removed in Step 1.
Clark's Garage © 1998